DUE TO THE REINTRODUCTION OF LOCKDOWN, THE TUSU ACTIVITIES SERVICE IS CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE. CONTACT THE TEAM THROUGH ACTIVITIES@TEES-SU.ORG.UK OR THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE.
The TUSU Activities service is usually available on the 1st floor of the SU Building and open 10am to 4pm Mon/ Tue/ Thu and Fri, 10am to 7pm Weds during semester time). It provides a range of information and support to our many sports clubs, societies and their members. The team help with the organisation, development and budget management of each group while working with the President Activities to generally improve the resources, facilities and opportunities available to all students on and off-campus. The team looks to build on both your extra-curricular and academic experiences through the groups it supports and other activities such as trips, cultural events and Employability Projects. E: email@example.com
Meet The SU Activities Team
Chris Walton - Activities Manager, E-mail Chris
Chris's responsibilities include:
- Leading the SU Activities Team and Welcome Desk staff, coordinating the service they provide to students.
- Developing plans to ensure that Clubs Societies and Entrepreneurial Activities run by the Students’ Union enhance the student experience at Teesside University.
- Working with the President Activities and SU Activities team to provide support for student volunteers and ensure the time they spend builds on their key employability skills.
Mark Whitehill - SU Welcome Desk Coordinator, E-mail Mark
Mark's responsibilities include:
- Managing and running the SU Welcome Desk day to day.
- Providing advice and support to visitors to the SU Welcome Desk including students and members of the public.
- Arranging transport, facilities bookings and other operations and logistics for our Societies and Clubs.
Peter Russell-Wilson - Societies Development/ Enterprise and Employability Coordinator, E-mail Peter
Peter's responsibilities include:
- Working with and supporting all student led societies within the SU.
- Supporting students and student volunteers in gaining and developing real world experiences and skills much sought after by employers.
- Working with societies and clubs to development opportunities for income generation for both their activities and charitable donations.
Stephen Goodall – Clubs Development Coordinator, E-mail Stephen
Stephen’s responsibilities include:
- Working with and supporting all student led sports clubs their volunteers and the supervision of their coaches and instructors.
- Increasing the range of physical activity opportunities for students by working with Teesside University staff, local sports clubs and facility providers.
- Arranging and organising the provision of competitive sport including BUCS (British Universities and College Sport) fixtures, competitions and events.